Getting started checklist
Accept your offer
- Let us know you are coming! Find out what to do.
Once you've enrolled, this checklist will help you get started on the right foot and make the most of your first session at UOW.
- Find out when class enrolments open (these are your tutorials / practicals / seminars) and start planning your timetable
- Add session key dates to your diary (grab a free diary from the UniLife Tent at O-Week or at their reception desk on Level 1, Building 11)
- Check your SOLSMail and UOWMail regularly for important messages
GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMPUS
- Download the MyUOW, SafeZone, Lost on Campus and UOW Parking Apps
- Save the UOW Security numbers to your phone
Emergencies: 4221 4900
General enquiries: 4221 4555
Location: Building 72
- Organise how you will get to campus and apply for a Opal travel card if you are eligible for one
- Get to know your campus or hop on one of our Campus tours
- Get to know the library, including the resources, study spaces and expert services
- Learn about the support services available to you
GET A HEADSTART
- Complete CareerSmart and StartSmart - Two compulsory modules that you must complete within your first session. These modules provide key skills and information to begin navigating your University career and preparing for your professional future.
- Prepare for your first class and sign up for some of the programs to help you succeed
- Watch UOW101 to learn about SOLS, IT services and much more
- Get involved in campus life outside the classroom
- 'Like' UOW Students for everything you need to succeed at UOW, and UOW UniLife for all your events, clubs and societies, and great deals on campus
- Sign up to UniLife for discounts on coffee, food and merchandise, plus exclusive access to events, competitions and freebies.