Getting started checklist
Accept your offer
- Let us know you are coming! Find out what to do.
Here's a checklist to help you get started on the right foot and make the most of your first session at UOW.
- Find out when class enrolments open (these are your tutorials / practicals / seminars) and start planning your timetable
- Add session key dates to your diary
- Check your SOLSMail and UOWMail regularly for important messages
GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMPUS
- Download the MyUOW, SafeZone, Lost on Campus and UOW Parking Apps
- Save the UOW Security numbers to your phone
Emergencies: 4221 4900
General enquiries: 4221 4555
- Organise how you will get to campus and apply for a Opal travel card if you are eligible for one
- Get to know your campus or hop on one of our Campus tours
- Get to know the library, including the resources, study spaces and expert services
- Learn about the support services available to you
GET A HEADSTART
- Complete CareerSmart and StartSmart - Two compulsory modules that you must complete within your first session. These modules provide key skills and information to begin navigating your University career and preparing for your professional future.
- Prepare for your first class and sign up for some of the programs to help you succeed
- Watch UOW101 to learn about SOLS, IT services and much more
- Get involved in campus life outside the classroom
- 'Like' UOW Students for everything you need to succeed at UOW, and UOW UniLife for all your events, clubs and societies, and great deals on campus
First year guide
Get ready for your first session at UOW with our First Year Guide on orientation events, getting ready for your first class and getting the most out of your university experience.