Getting started checklist
Accept your offer
- Let us know you are coming! Find out what to do.
Here's a checklist to help you get started on the right foot and make the most of your first session at UOW.
- Find out when class enrolments open (these are your tutorials / practicals / seminars) and start planning your timetable
- Add session key dates to your diary
- Check your SOLSMail and UOWMail regularly for important messages
GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMPUS
- Download the MyUOW, SafeZone, Lost on Campus and UOW Parking Apps
- Save the UOW Security numbers to your phone
Emergencies: 4221 4900
General enquiries: 4221 4555
- Organise how you will get to campus and apply for a Opal travel card if you are eligible for one
- Get to know your campus or hop on one of our Campus tours
- Get to know the library, including the resources, study spaces and expert services
- Learn about the support services available to you
GET A HEADSTART
- Complete CareerSmart and StartSmart - Two compulsory modules that you must complete within your first session. These modules provide key skills and information to begin navigating your University career and preparing for your professional future.
- Prepare for your first class and sign up for some of the programs to help you succeed
- Watch UOW101 to learn about SOLS, IT services and much more
- Get involved in campus life outside the classroom
- 'Like' UOW Students for everything you need to succeed at UOW, and UOW UniLife for all your events, clubs and societies, and great deals on campus