Getting started checklist
Accept your offer
- Let us know you are coming! Find out what to do.
Once you have completed your enrolment and orientation, there are a few more things you need to do to get the best possible start at UOW.
- Enrol in your classes
- Check your timetable and add key dates to your UOW student diary
- Download the MyUOW, SafeZone and Lost on Campus Apps
- Save the UOW Security numbers to your phone
Emergencies: 4221 4900
General enquiries: 4221 4555
- Organise how you will get to campus and get your Opal travel card
- Get to know your campus. Campus tours are run at Wollongong campus by current students at 10am and 3pm every Friday
- Get to know the library, including the resources, study spaces and expert services
- Complete CareerSmart and StartSmart - Two compulsory modules that provide key skills and information to begin navigating your University career and preparing for your professional future.
- Check your SOLSMail and UOWMail regularly for important messages
- Learn about the support services available to you
- Prepare for your first class and sign up for some of the programs to help you succeed
- Join a club or society and get involved in campus life outside the classroom
- 'Like' Student Life on Facebook to keep up to date with what's happening on campus
- Watch UOW101 to learn about SOLS, IT services and much more
- International students - watch the International Student Safety video to learn what to do in an emergency and how to stay safe on campus and in the community