Getting started checklist
Accept your offer
- Let us know you are coming! Find out what to do.
Once you have completed your enrolment and orientation, there are a few more things you need to do to get the best possible start at UOW.
- Enrol in your classes
- Create your timetable
- Check your timetable and add key dates to your UOW student diary
- Download the MyUOW, SafeZone and Lost on Campus Apps
- Save the UOW Security numbers to your phone
Emergencies: 4221 4900
General enquiries: 4221 4555
- Organise how you will get to campus and get your Opal travel card
- Get to know your campus. Campus tours are run at Wollongong campus by current students at 10am and 3pm every Friday
- Get to know the library, including the resources, study spaces and expert services
- Complete CareerSmart and StartSmart - Two compulsory modules that provide key skills and information to begin navigating your University career and preparing for your professional future.
- Check your SOLSMail and UOWMail regularly for important messages
- Learn about the support services available to you
- Prepare for your first class and sign up for some of the programs to help you succeed
- Join a club or society and get involved in campus life outside the classroom
- 'Like' Student Life on Facebook to keep up to date with what's happening on campus
- Watch UOW101 to learn about SOLS, IT services and much more
- International students - watch the International Student Safety video to learn what to do in an emergency and how to stay safe on campus and in the community
First year guide
Get ready for your first session at UOW with our First Year Guide on orientation events, getting ready for your first class and getting the most out of your university experience.